We are not saved by Works?

Yes, it is true you are not saved by works, you are saved by faith that the Spirit of God lives in you.  However, the Spirit that lives in you loves to do works of mercy and compassion because it is Jesus and God the Father Spirit the Holy Spirit. 

The only thing that hinders Jesus spirit is our flesh (our corrupt nature).  When James tells us to show our faith by our works.  What he is saying is if you have Jesus living in you there is going to be a natural expression of his spirit by how you carry yourself and how you help and have compassion for others.  This is not based on how much you do of anything out of your flesh(corrupt nature).  For example:  Let's say you feed the poor and you treat people poorly while you are doing it.  I hate to tell you this but it means nothing.  The bible even tells us that we can have great faith but if it is not done in love it means nothing.  Why you may ask?  Because God is himself Love and love is the outward expression and proof that he lives in you.  

When Jesus is talking to the leaders of the church of his day the Pharisees and the Sadducees.  He tells them that they will not have a part of the Kingdom of God!  He tells them that the proof is in their works.  He tells them that the fact they are trying to kill him shows that they are not from God, but in fact, they are doing the work of the enemy (He says their father the devil).   John the Baptist says the same thing he tells the people that every tree(person) that does not produce good fruit((love) will be cut off and thrown into the fire(hell).  Remember hell is the absence of God and there will not be any love or any of God's character in hell because it is all produced by God!

We can feed the poor, get burned at the stake, fast for 40 days or fifty years, but if it is not done with love(God) it means nothing because God is love.  Remember we are like oranges, and the fruit that lives in us(God Spirit within us) is God's spirit, all we have to do is live within the fruit that lives within us. We just can't let the peeling(our flesh) get in the way!  

Today let the spirit that lives in you (Jesus) feed the poor, help the elderly and show love and compassion to all his children!  It is his spirit that sets us free!

The Lord I believe would like to thank you for the many prayers that are rising up to him, he loves hearing from his children please continue to pray and encourage others to do the same.

I know that each and every one of you are bearing good fruit and that Jesus lives in you!  Please continue to do so as this brings others closer to God!


2Corinthians 4:9 The Way Bible
We are hunted down, but God never abandons us.  We get knocked down, but we get up again and keep going.  These bodies of ours are constantly facing death just as Jesus did; so it is clear to all that it is only the living Christ within(Who is keeping us safe).



33“But we are descendants of Abraham,” they said. “We have never been slaves to anyone. What do you mean, ‘You will be set free’?”
34Jesus replied, “I tell you the truth, everyone who sins is a slave of sin. 35A slave is not a permanent member of the family, but a son is part of the family forever. 36So if the Son sets you free, you are truly free. 37Yes, I realize that you are descendants of Abraham. And yet some of you are trying to kill me because there’s no room in your hearts for my message. 38I am telling you what I saw when I was with my Father. But you are following the advice of your father.”
39“Our father is Abraham!” they declared.
“No,” Jesus replied, “for if you were really the children of Abraham, you would follow his example. 40Instead, you are trying to kill me because I told you the truth, which I heard from God. Abraham never did such a thing. 41No, you are imitating your real father.”
They replied, “We aren’t illegitimate children! God himself is our true Father.”
42Jesus told them, “If God were your Father, you would love me, because I have come to you from God. I am not here on my own, but he sent me. 43Why can’t you understand what I am saying? It’s because you can’t even hear me!44For you are the children of your father the devil, and you love to do the evil things he does. He was a murderer from the beginning. He has always hated the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he lies, it is consistent with his character; for he is a liar and the father of lies. 45So when I tell the truth, you just naturally don’t believe me! 46Which of you can truthfully accuse me of sin? And since I am telling you the truth, why don’t you believe me? 47Anyone who belongs to God listens gladly to the words of God. But you don’t listen because you don’t belong to God.”

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer for Healing

Maturing in the Body of Christ!

A prayer for Unity in the Body of Christ!