The metaphor of the wireless Network as the Kingdom of God




The internet

Imagine that the internet is all Good meaning it is all God.  The internet in this example would represent God the Father.  From John 4 in the Bible, we know that God the Father is a Spirit.   So the all good(God) internet = God the Father, who is all Spirit

The router

For this example, we are going to call your internet router the Son of God (Jesus) Christ.  Your router represents access to the internet to God the Father.  Did you know that your router is defined as a gateway, and the password you use to get on your router is a form of a key?

The Wireless signal

For this example, the wireless signal that is coming from the router is the Holy Spirit. The wireless signal in your house can be accessed from many different wireless electronic devices. A poor signal represents our sin and no signal represents us not abiding in him( not connected to him!)

Network Key "Password"

For this example, the key represents us asking the Lord to abide in our hearts, and expressing His character the fruit of the Holy Spirit! God is always knocking we just have to give him access to work within our hearts.


The group of wireless devices

The group of wireless devices in your house represents the Body of Christ.  Many times we have a hard time envisioning Christ being able to live in us all at the same time and having a personal relationship with each of us.  However, your router is not interacting with each individual electronic device in your house in the same manner.  It has an individual(personal) relationship with each one of them.  Meaning different actions and content are moving between your router and your electronic device at different times.  In the same way, the Holy Spirit is our communion(relationship) with Christ and advocate God the Father.

Idols

An Idol = represents a poor signal or no signal.  Why?  Because our focus is not on God.  When we are not focused on God we are not picking up his signal!
The Law = Hardwired

For this example,  The Law! represents the Old covenant before Christ relinquish his Spirit!  Before Christ gave us his Spirit we had to go to a place to worship him and we had to adhere to strict rules on how to worship that did not offer flexibility.  Do you remember being hardwired(wire from the computer to the router) to your router!  Your access was limited to being next to an access point.  This is how strict rules on how to worship and where we can worship puts chains on the Holy Spirit.  Let's use me for the example.  Every Sunday I pray and ask the Lord where he wants me to go to worship.  Many times he tells sends me to the same church.  But let's say he wants to send me to a church to minister to someone or to get a message that he specifically wanted me to hear at this different church.  Because of his Spirit living in me, I now can go where he wishes to send me.  But say I was told I could only go to one place to worship.  Now, Christ and I have just been put in Chains and the Spirit is grieved.  This is the slavery that Paul is talking about in Romans and Galatians and how Jewish law(which can be any strict none flexible demand, not only Jewish law) demands can put on a person and the Spirit of God that is living in that person. 

 This is what Jesus was trying to relay to the Pharisees about the Law.  They told him he could not heal on the sabbath.  They in sense were trying to put God in Chains.  They did not want to let God be God and do what God knows needed to be done, which was to heal one of His own children even though the law(strict restriction) said he couldn't on the sabbath.  In a sense, they were saying their Human wisdom and rules were better than God's wisdom, and we know that is not true.

Not using the internet

 For this example, lets us say that trying to do things by ourselves is like us not using the( for this example) all good(God) internet to assist us.  This is call works!  Works represent us doing something that may look like it is good but is not from God, or it may be done for our own gratification and not for the glory of God, and with the love of God(1 Corinthians 13: 4-8).
For God is Love (1 John 4:8)

The Network

For this example, Let's picture the network as all the different devices working together with the router(Jesus Christ ) as the Head.  Lets picture that all the different devices have a specialized function that when combined work together for the benefit of the router(The Son of God) and the internet (God the Father)!


The Hacker
For this example,  The hacker is the devil and those who listen and abide in him.  He is the stranger,  he has come to steal, kill and destroy! 

I am the true vine, and my Father is the vinedresser.2Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit. 3Already you are clean because of the word that I have spoken to you. 4Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit by itself, unless it abides in the vine, neither can you, unless you abide in me. 5I am the vine; you are the branches. Whoever abides in me and I in him, he it is that bears much fruit, for apart from me you can do nothing. 6If anyone does not abide in me he is thrown away like a branch and withers; and the branches are gathered, thrown into the fire, and burned. 7If you abide in me, and my words abide in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you. 8By this my Father is glorified, that you bear much fruit and so prove to be my disciples. 9As the Father has loved me, so have I loved you. Abide in my love. 10If you keep my commandments, you will abide in my love, just as I have kept my Father's commandments and abide in his love. 11These things I have spoken to you, that my joy may be in you, and that your joy may be full.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prayer for Healing

Maturing in the Body of Christ!

A prayer for Unity in the Body of Christ!